So this week was
another great week. It is crazy that it is Thanksgiving this week. It was funny
because all week all the members were telling me that there were storms and
lots of snow in Chicago. Makes things seem a lot warmer here. Winter is kind of
weird here because we are at such a high altitude. In the afternoon it is deathly hot but then
at night it is pretty cold.
This week was super
good we had three whole families at church on Sunday. One of the families is
getting baptized next week so I will have lots to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Another family is super cute because it is
the wife, husband and their cute little baby. The wife’s name is Yantze. She loves when we visit. She likes to hear about the message but also
looooves to teach us Spanish. It is so
funny. The other family who came was one of the ladies who lost her husband
this year. I was sooooo happy because the topic in gospel principals was the
plan of salvation! She absolutely loved it.
We went over
afterward to see how they liked church and they all loved it. They have a girl
who is 16, a boy who is 15 and then a little boy who is 6. All the kids loved it so much. They have
visited lots of churches but never wanted to go back to any of them. However, the little boy loved primary and the
two teenagers loved young women and young men. I love that our ward has a
really strong youth program. It really
helps so much when there are new kids there. There are about 32 young women and
about 37 young men. I think it will help a lot that her kids loved it so much.
After church my companion invited the family to baptism (it was her first time)
and they said yes!!!! It was super funny because she asked and the 15-year-old
boy. He said yes in a second which
really surprised the mom. He usually doesn’t
want anything to do with church.
This week was super
hard and we were working a lot. I pretty much passed out in bed every night. However, when you have people at church it is
the best feeling I have ever had in my whole life.
Also it was super
crazy because a girl just showed up to church by herself. A member called us out of second hour and
told us we needed to talk to someone. The girl had passed by the church in her
car and just really felt like she needed to pull over. We started talking to her and realized pretty
fast she didn’t know Spanish. She was
super confused talking to the members who had spotted her in the hall. She was on her way out when we started
talking to her. It turns out that she is from Bulgaria but knows English!!! She
is here to teach English to some people here in Mexico. Good thing we are two American
missionaries!!!!! So we started talking to her and are going to visit her this
week. I hope I know how to teach the gospel in English hahahah!!! We will see how that turns out.
Anyway there are tons
of things to be thankful for and even though it doesn’t seem like Thanksgiving
I am sure it will be super great! I hope you have a great week and tell
everyone how much I love them!!! Have a great week!!!!!
Love Hermana
Jones
1 comment:
Wonderful letter. Missionary work for her is fruitful. A great Thanksgiving blessing for us. HOJ
Post a Comment